On the Road to MAGIC Market Week 2013
In less than a week, the largest global market week for contemporary fashion, MAGIC Market Week will be taking place in Las Vegas, Nevada. Held twice a year in February and August, attendees will be seeing the first looks for Spring/Summer 2014.
Taking place over the span of four days, the market week brings together a vast network of buyers, insider experts, brands and media. The trade show will feature 10 shows ranging from contemporary men’s and women’s fashion to footwear that span over The Mandalay Bay and Las Vegas Convention Center.
Here are 5 things we’re looking forward to seeing next week:
1. As social media mavens, we love the socially driven and interactive nature of MAGIC and can’t wait to mix and mingle with the 15 official MAGIC bloggers. These lovely ladies will be blogging throughout the four-day event and participating in a special Q&A with BCBGeneration’s creative director.
2. The popular entertainment show Extra is making its debut at MAGIC and we hope to spot them on the floor! Their segment “Extra Hot Deals” will profile brands and emerging trends from the showroom floor. Keep a lookout for Extra correspondent Flynn Adams and Stylemind.com to see what their picks are.
3. For the second season, Fashion Director of InStyle, Hal Rubenstein, will bring his fashion expertise. On hand to curate Spring 2014 runway shows, he will also feature his picks for the top trends and looks for the upcoming season. We’ll be tuning in for his daily favorites that will debut at 1PM sharp!
4. Also debuting this year is WSA@MAGIC, featuring over 600 companies showcasing the latest in footwear. Speaking of shoes…we hear that ‘The Hills’ alumna, Kristin Cavallari, will be at the LN Platform, showcasing her collaboration with Chinese Laundry.
5. Always seeking to be “in the know” when it comes to fashion, we’ll definitely be checking out the emerging designer showcase where 13 apparel and accessories designers will show their on-the-cusp collections.
To learn more about the MAGIC Market Week visit www.magiconline.com