Hello, Friday! It’s that time again where we share the love with five of our favorite blog posts from the week. This week was packed with so many fun posts, events, editorials and DIYs that it’s hard to pick just five. But we’ve managed to round up a little of everything to bring to you this week’s LUX “It” List.
Photo Courtesy of The Short and Sweet of it
1. Have you caught HBO’s Girls yet? If you haven’t, you’re missing out. The “cringe-worthy” show is Sex in the City-esque, but the cast is younger and the plot is more realistic. The Short and Sweet of it agrees and points to a Vogue article that details the seamless costume design of the show.
Photo Courtesy of Smith, Here
2. Morgan Smith of “Smith, Here” is certainly gifted with an eye for aesthetics. In her post Big Color for Small Space, she demonstrates this with an incredibly creative and thoughtful idea for home decor. She had a custom painting done to reflect the colors and feel of an engagement picture of her and her husband. This is a great idea if you’re looking to fill up big color into a small space, or a perfectly thoughtful gift for someone you love.
Photo Courtesy of Runway Hippie
3. If you haven’t heard this song, you might be living under a rock. We tend to agree with Runway Hippie – the ‘horribly amazing’ song “Call Me Maybe” is the song of the summer and has been on repeat at LUX Headquarters. We’re also swooning over the swan Topshop pants she dons in Call Me, Maybe.
Photo Courtesy of Hello Giggles
4. Our Facebook creator is married! This Hello Giggles article by Sasha Pasulka details the ‘wedding of the century’—less than 100 people, family style dining and chocolate “mice” instead of cake. Pasulka then reviews the history of wedding traditions and their not so honorable roots, suggesting Mark’s approach was admirable and perhaps even revolutionary in Taking a Wedding Private: How Mark Zuckerberg Forever Changed the American Wedding.
Photo Courtesy of Could I Have That
5. Looking for the perfect pair of summer shorts? These DIY ombres by Could I have That might hit the spot. Just grab that old pair of oversized boyfriend jeans and fabric spray and you’re ready to go! Perfect Memorial Day attire that will last all summer long.
Have a wonderful and fun-filled Memorial Day weekend!